|09/09/22||Different is Good|
|09/02/22||Just the Point|
|08/26/22||Variety: the Spice of NASCAR|
|08/11/22||Fair is Fair|
|08/04/22||The End Justifies the Means|
|07/14/22||The Intimidation Game|
Why We Love This
Why do we watch sports? Easy...they're unpredictable.
We are just a uqarter of the way into the NASCAR season and look at what has already happened (most of which we didn't see coming).
- Hendrick and Gibbs combined to win 7 of the first 8 races
- Danica Patrick won the pole for the Daytona 500
- Championship contenders Penske and Gibbs have both been socked with monstrous fines
- -hrough 9 races, Tony Stewart has had more run-ins with other drivers than top-10s is mired below 20th in points
- Joey Logano has been a lightning rod for controversy
- and, Kurt Busch has had Furniture Row contending for top-10s most weeks
And, we thought the biggest uncertainty would be how long it would take for teams to figure out the Gen6 car.
Will life return to something more normal in the 2nd quarter this year? I wouldn't bet on it.